Dear all,
Due to refurbishment and lack of use, I am rationalising our map collections to only cover Northern England rather than the entire world, therefore I have geological maps of the rest of the UK available.  I estimate there are around 30 drawers full and they range from hand coloured 1st edition 1850s to laminated 1970s, mainly 6 inch to the mile, plus horizontal and vertical sections.  Currently they are arranged flat in drawers by Eng/Wales/Scot/Ireland only, although some are in number order and I am willing to ask volunteers to look for specific maps if you have the sheet number.

The maps are currently in Newcastle upon Tyne and you would need to collect or pay for courier delivery.  Institutions offering public access (even at a small fee) are being prioritised to take these maps.
The drawers themselves are not available, although I do have 4 metal vertical map chests if anyone wants those.  The out of area Ordnance Survey maps have kindly been taken by the Industrial Railway Society.

In addition, there are various world maps (all kinds but heavy emphasis on geological) if you have any specific world map requirements...

I realise that everyone is nowadays reducing physical collections so I am not very hopeful in rehoming all of these plans, but any good homes would be welcome.  I am open to offers from private collectors if no Institutions are willing to take them so please do get in touch.

Best wishes,
Jennifer

Jennifer Hillyard
Librarian
North of England Institute of Mining and Mechanical Engineers
Neville Hall
Westgate Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 1SE
0191 2332459

To unsubscribe from the lis-maps list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=lis-maps&A=1