Dear Colleagues,

As requested by Heath Education England (HEE), the Kent Surrey Sussex Searching and Training Forum and London Searching and Training Forum (LSTF) have formed a working group to create a suggested regional searching protocol for healthcare librarians/information services staff. Our objectives include improving the consistency and quality of searches conducted as well as supporting less expert searchers, or those searching in unfamiliar subjects.

We’d be very interested to receive any searching protocols – either regional or institutional/departmental – that you use to guide mediated literature searches. If you could send them to me I’d be very grateful. Protocols from all kinds of healthcare libraries/information services welcome, whether NHS or non-NHS.

If you have any thoughts around what a regional searching protocol should include, or would like to share your experiences of using them, then again please get in touch.

Thanks and all the best,

Adam Tocock

Clinical Librarian

Knowledge and Library Services

Barts Health NHS Trust

Library - Department of Diagnostic Imaging,

Ground Floor, King George V Building,

St Batholomew's Hospital,

West Smithfield,

London. EC1A 7BE.

T: 020 3465 5467

Twitter: @bartsNHSlibrary | Website: bartshealth.nhs.uk/library

Lead Librarian for: Safer Surgery, SAFER Bundle, Research, Nursing and midwifery

To unsubscribe from the LIS-LINK list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LIS-LINK&A=1