From: Pauline Ridley <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 06 January 2019 22:25:26
To: Foster, Ed
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Student Retention Literature (definitely low priority an ignorable)

Hi Ed - I’ll leave others more qualified to respond re research literature but my immediate take on this is that student retention as an increasingly urgent agenda issue within HE has been driven by the policy/ funding landscape - and I wouldn’t necessarily expect there to be a direct correlation with research on the topic, when VCs and politicians are looking for quick fixes rather than a more nuanced understanding of the underlying issues?

Best wishes
Pauline
Pauline Ridley

Centre for Learning & Teaching, University of Brighton

Please note I now work only one day a week so may not respond immediately. For general queries please contact the CLT office on 01273 643115