Hi Eva,

I’m a fan. We draw on this book quite heavily at Plymouth. Yana is a respected cognitive scientist who has worked in some prestigious labs in the UK, currently based in the US. The book is really useful if you’re looking for hard evidence supporting various ways of learning. It offers very concrete strategies that can be integrated into sessions or study guides (which is what we’re doing) and the clever illustrations are a bonus. But I’m beginning to sound like her agent… How do you rate it?

All best,

Alicja

Dr Alicja Syska, FHEA

Learning Development Advisor for Arts & Humanities

Associate Lecturer in History

Editor at the Journal of Learning Development in Higher Education

University of Plymouth
LD: Rm 102, 3 Endsleigh Place | Tue/Fri

H: Rm 107, 5 Portland Villas | Wed/Thu

Tel: 01752 585149 | Web: www.plymouth.ac.uk/staff/asyska

History Office Hours: Thursdays, 1-3pm, Room 107 5PV

LD Open Hours: Fridays 10-12, Writing Cafe

You may receive this email outside of your normal office hours. Please be assured that there is no expectation that you will reply until those normal working hours.