Hi Nick,

This is really interesting! We have an airfield at Pulham in South Norfolk
which originated in WW1 as a site where airships were built and tested.
During WW2 it was used for storing salvaged bits of crashed aircraft and
there are some fantastic post-war aerial photos which show great piles of
different bits of aircraft in different parts of the site. I must confess
that when I added this info to the HER in 2007 I couldn't find an
appropriate index term - in fact looking back at the record I think the
indexing leaves quite a lot to be desired!

Sorry I can't be more help. It is definitely worth checking whether there
are any good post-war aerial photos that might give you a better idea of the
extent of your site though - the ones I found of Pulham were really
interesting (even to someone who doesn't love planes and airfields that
much!) and the process of salvaging the materials from the crashed planes
appeared very well organised.

Best wishes,

Alice