Hi Christie,

After I had to recruit half a dozen people to help track down a small
beige pouch I had dropped containing my passport and loads of money
(somewhere in the last mile or so, somewhere over this alluvial fan
surface), all my gear is marked with fluorescent orange duct tape. The
tape has stood up quite well over the years since, and I haven't lost
anything else so far. Gaffer tape might also work well, though it's more
likely to get dirty and lose brightness over time... fantastic for
labeling samples though.

Best,

Taylor