Exactly / personal use which would also legitimise the making of a tattoo on one’s body in the first if the tattoo were based or identical to someone’s original work (copyright issue).

The legal compliance laws dovetail very nicely together (copyright, FOI, DP, PSI etc).

In terms of the tattoo, it is the subsequent reproduction and intent of the reproduction (for example if the man were filmed for a TV commercial) which would effectively “activate” the laws and require consent from him, and also potentially permission from the owner of the rights in the tattoo.

Happy New Year everyone!

My best

Naomi

Naomi Korn
Managing Director
Naomi Korn Associates

Mobile: +44 7957 761032
www.naomikorn.com @NKorn

Private limited company registered in England and Wales: 7804095. Registered office: 28 Minchenden Crescent, London, N14 7EL.

Subscribe to our mailing list