Dear all,
We are in the process of conducting a meta-analysis examining recidivism and firesetting. We are hoping to establish the untreated base rate of reoffending by both adult and juvenile firesetters.
We are therefore getting in touch to see if you are aware of any unpublished data on this topic that we should be looking to include.
To be included in our meta-analysis research studies must meet the following criteria:
•	Include an identifiable sample of firesetters that have not undergone fire-specific treatment. Evaluations of treatment programmes without an untreated control group are excluded.
•	Include a follow-up period. Retrospective studies comparing offenders with or without prior offences are excluded.
•	Report either firesetting recidivism (either in the form of any firesetting or fireplay behaviour or an arson offence), violent, nonviolent, or any recidivism
We would greatly appreciate if you could get back to us by 21st January.

Thank you for your time and input.

Kind regards,
Katie

Katie Sambrooks | Research Associate | University of Kent
CORE-FP, School of Psychology, Keynes College, University of Kent, Canterbury, CT2 7NP
E-mail: [log in to unmask]