Greetings

I hope all is well in the new year. The documentary that my colleague Dr Eugene Nulman made, based off my paper of the same title is available for screening. If you are interested in hosting an viewing see the details below. You can find an open access version of the paper at http://www.open-access.bcu.ac.uk/5774/1/Andrews%20%282016%29%20Psychosis%20of%20Whiteness-%20Green%20access.pdf

Thanks

Kehinde

____

The Psychosis of Whiteness documentary

To host a screening visit https://psychosisofwhiteness.wixsite.com/psychosisofwhiteness

Featuring: Professor James Walvin, Professor Kehinde Andrews, Dr Anita Rupprecht, Dr Lez Henry, Professor TT Avind

Directed by: Dr Eugene Nulman

The Psychosis of Whiteness is a documentary film that sheds light on society's perceptions of race and racism by exploring cinematic representations of the slave trade. This documentary takes an in-depth look at big budget films that focus on the transatlantic slave trade and, using a wealth of sources and interviews, it argues that these depictions are metaphoric hallucinations about race. Rather than blaming the powerful institutions that are responsible for slavery, these films rewrite history by praising those same institutions for abolishing the slave trade.

Dr Kehinde Andrews

Professor of Black Studies

Department of Sociology and Criminology,

Curzon Building, C334

Birmingham City University

Curzon Street, Birmingham B4 7XG

United Kingdom

(+44) 121 331 5526

NEW book out July 2018 Back to Black: Retelling Black Radicalism for the 21st Century

Chair of Organisation of Black Unity

Co-Chair of Black Studies Association

Director of Centre for Critical Social Research

To unsubscribe from the BRITISHBLACKSTUDIES list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=BRITISHBLACKSTUDIES&A=1

To unsubscribe from the BASA list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=BASA&A=1