the Irish government is still operating under a 30-year rule. That means that while UK files now being declassified are from 1994, each year the Irish files lag further behind and Dublin is only now declassifying documents from 1988. That has led to a concern that the British version of history is emerging first, leaving the Republic at a disadvantage, and there are plans to speed up the process by which the Republic’s files are released.

http://bit.ly/2QffKNN
http://bit.ly/2QffKNN+

--
Peterk