Dear Birger,

A great list - thanks so much for the references and Erik for beginning the thread.

A focus of my PhD seminar this year in our School of Arts and Humanities has been how we might move beyond anthropocentric practice, drawing variously on ANT, critiques of ANT, the anthropocene and emergent critiques of the anthropocene.

The group has found some of the work published in Environmental Humanities <https://read.dukeupress.edu/environmental-humanities> to be really useful, especially Laura Ogden’s thought experiment on multi-species environmental imperialism.

Laura A. Ogden; The Beaver Diaspora: A Thought Experiment. Environmental Humanities 1 May 2018; 10 (1): 63–85. doi: https://doi.org/10.1215/22011919-4385471 <https://doi.org/10.1215/22011919-4385471>

Best wishes,

Sarah

Dr Sarah Teasley
Head of Programme, History of Design
Reader in Design History and Theory

School of Arts and Humanities
Royal College of Art
Kensington Gore
London
SW7 2EU
E: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
T: +44 (0)20 7590 4481
www.rca.ac.uk <https://www.rca.ac.uk/>
twitter.com/rca <https://twitter.com/rca>
facebook.com/rca.london <https://facebook.com/rca.london>