From: DENT Chris
Sent: 08 November 2018 09:03
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: DENT Chris <[log in to unmask]>; Robin Preece ([log in to unmask]) <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Supergen Energy Networks Hub "Risk Day", Cambridge, 5 March 2019

Dear colleagues,

[With apologies for cross-posting to those on multiple distribution lists.]

Clear your diaries for Tuesday 5 March 2019 because the Risk Day is happening again and we want you to be a part of it!

The event will be in the wonderful setting of Peterhouse Theatre in Cambridge (UK), and all the details can be found on the website https://www.riskday.co.uk/.

We would like to encourage you to participate and to present your research in this area of risk, reliability and uncertainty analysis of energy systems. More details are below on the topics we’re looking for, but this is not an exhaustive list – feel free to get in touch if you’re not sure if your work would fit.

Please submit your one-page summaries (more details and a template are on the website) by 14 December 2019 to be considered.

You can submit anything to the Risk Day! It can be something you've already published, something you've not published, something you're about to publish, or even just a new idea you're working on. Presenting at the Risk Day is about showcasing your research and starting conversations. Presenting at the Risk Day will not stop you from publishing your ideas elsewhere - we promise!

The EPSRC Supergen Energy Networks Hub Risk Day is continuing the past series of Durham Risk Days (which ran from 2010-2014). Last year’s event in Manchester was a great success, so come along to this year’s seminar to meet more researchers involved in all aspects of risk and uncertainty analysis applied to current and future power and energy systems.

This one-day event will showcase research and industrial applications across the following topics:

1.            Reliability analysis of system assets

2.            Control and optimisation of uncertain power systems

3.            Modelling and quantifying uncertainty in energy systems

4.            Understanding high impact low probability events

5.            Planning future energy systems under uncertainty

6.            Communicating risk to energy system stakeholders and policy makers

We’re looking forward to receiving your summaries and seeing you all in Cambridge in March 2018. Please forward this on to anyone you think might be interested.

All the best
Dr Chris Dent (as 2019 Chair)

Dr Robin Preece (for the Energy Networks Hub)

--

Dr. Chris Dent SMIEEE FORS CEng

Chancellor’s Fellow and Reader in Industrial Mathematics

Turing Fellow at the Alan Turing Institute for Data Science

School of Mathematics,

University of Edinburgh,

James Clerk Maxwell Building,

The King's Buildings,

Peter Guthrie Tait Road,

Edinburgh EH9 3FD. UK.

Tel: +44 131 650 5064

Office: JCMB 6222

To unsubscribe from the ORNET list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=ORNET&A=1