Apologies for cross-posting

See who is speaking at ...

What is Hype and What Has Value?
Technological buzzword or industry innovation? (Open Source Technologies)
Tuesday 5 February 2019 (first of three in a new webinar series)
Online at 15:00-16:00 GMT (UK), 16:00-17:00 CET (Europe), 10:00-11:00 EST (New York)
#alpsphype

In a series of webinars during February, March and April we will look at three technologies in turn - Open Source, AI and Blockchain - in an attempt to separate the hype from the reality. We'll look at examples of where each is being used in our industry and assess its potential for positive change, as well as considering alternative strategies.

Our first webinar will look at Open Source Technologies.  We will hear from two speakers representing the commercial and not-for-profit sectors who will share the strategic drivers behind their choice for open source, whilst the third will discuss why his organization has opted for proprietary code.

Speakers are:
Chair: Tasha Mellins-Cohen, Director of Publishing, Microbiology Society
Kristen Ratan, Co-Founder and Executive Director, Collaborative Knowledge Foundation (Coko)
Andrew Smeall, Chief Digital Officer, Hindawi
Jake Zarnegar, Chief Product Officer, Silverchair

To book and learn more about the webinar and speakers go to: https://www.alpsp.org/Webinars/What-is-Hype-Open-Source-Tech/62875

If you are interested in the other webinars in this series, don't forget that we offer a series discount to all ALPSP members! Book all 3 and get the 3rd half price! Book all three here: https://www.alpsp.org/Webinars/What-is-Hype/62872

Webinar 2: Artifical Intelligence - https://www.alpsp.org/Webinars/What-is-Hype-AI/62986
Thursday 7 March 2019
Online at 15:00-16:00 GMT (UK), 16:00-17:00 CET (Europe), 10:00-11:00 EST (New York)
Chair: Jennifer Schivas, Head of Strategy & Industry Engagement, 67Bricks

Webinar 3: Blockchain - https://www.alpsp.org/Webinars/What-is-Hype-Blockchain/63001
Tuesday 2 April 2019
Online at 15:00-16:00 BST (UK), 16:00-17:00 CEST (Europe), 10:00-11:00 EDT (New York)
Chair: Louise Russell, Director, Tutton Russell Consulting,

Registration and booking:
If you are unable to attend the live sessions, you can still book and will automatically receive a recording of the events to watch at your convenience.
ALPSP Members £50 + VAT per person, per webinar
Non-Members £85 + VAT per person, per webinar

Not an ALPSP member?
Want to take advantage of the reduced member rates? Go here https://www.alpsp.org/How-to-Join to find out how your organization can join ALPSP
What are other ALPSP benefits? Go here https://www.alpsp.org/Membership/Member-Benefits to find out what you are missing!

Diane French
Learned Publisher Administrator
The Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers (ALPSP)
E: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> T: +44 (0)1827 709188
W: www.alpsp.org<http://www.alpsp.org/> Follow us on Twitter: @alpsp

ALPSP is a Company limited by guarantee and incorporated in England and Wales Registration no: 4081634. Registered Office: Egale 1, 80 St Albans Road, Watford WD17 1DL UK

DISCLAIMER: This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the person(s) entitled to receive the confidential information it may contain. This email may contain information that is confidential and legally privileged. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ALPSP. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please return it to the sender immediately and delete it completely from your computer system.