We have a vacancy for a liaison librarian in our Academic Liaison Team at De Montfort University.  This is a fixed term role to cover a maternity leave, for 12 months or until the return of the postholder, whichever is soonest.

The role holder will:

·         Provide proactive support to academics and students in the Faculty of Business and Law, and the School of Computing, promoting and advising on the effective use of library resources and services.

·         Build strong relationships with academic and other faculty staff and to work directly with students in a variety of settings.

·         Contribute to the development of our print and electronic collections and manage an information resource budget.

·         Participate in the delivery of our information skills programme, working to embed information and digital literacy into the curriculum, and support academics and PhD students with their research activities.

We are looking for a graduate qualified librarian, preferably with experience of working in a university library. You will be able to demonstrate:

·         Initiative and the ability to lead and manage projects

·         Experience of teaching and the support of learning.

·         Effective communication and interpersonal skills and be a team player

·         Well developed IT skills.

Go to our job vacancies page for more information and to apply.

Closing date: 20 December 2018

Interview Date: 25 January 2019

If you require any further information or would like to chat about the post, please feel free to contact me (details below)

Best regards

Jenny

Jenny Coombs, BA, MA, MCLIP, FHEA

Academic Team Manager (Faculty Liaison), Directorate of Library and Learning Services

DE MONTFORT UNIVERSITY

Leicester LE1 9BH

T. +44 (0) 116 207 8041

W. library.dmu.ac.uk

TEF email signature footer

To unsubscribe from the LIS-LINK list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LIS-LINK&A=1