Good afternoon

I recently asked on LIS-Medical for ideas on clever mapping systems for national to local maternity guidelines.  Now I’ve got a new idea - I think there will be value in creating a community of practice around librarian involvement in Trust maternity guideline groups.

I think there is a gap in the market for this kind of grouping, and also for a mapping product.  I have already had meaningful discussions about collaborative updating of a maternity guideline “thing” with a colleague at another trust on the back of my initial e-mail, and been contacted by an Implementation Facilitator from NICE offering support, so it’s time to test the water, so to speak, with my lovely colleagues across the country.  If you have significant  involvement in providing evidence for maternity guidelines  in UK hospital trusts, and are prepared to be actively involved in some collaboration around guideline mapping, please contact me and we can see if we can get some ideas to “coalesce”.

I’m putting out this call out now across LIS-Medical, Clin-Lin and HLG (apologies if you get it three times!), but realistically I’m looking at the New Year before really picking this up and running somewhere with it.  In the meantime I will take details and I’ll be in touch in January.

Regards

Sarah

Sarah Gardner, BA (Hons), MA

Clinical / Outreach Librarian

Knowledge, Library and Information Service

Library and Learning Resource Centre

The Hub

Bassetlaw Hospital

Blyth Road

Worksop

S81 0BD

Tel: 01909 572950, or Internal: BAS ext.572950

E-mail: [log in to unmask]net  cid:image001.png@01D0CF88.07638950 @DBHLib    cid:image001.gif@01D349A7.50807BC0

cid:image003.png@01D36380.CD45E530  cid:image004.png@01D36380.CD45E530cid:image005.png@01D36380.CD45E530

cid:image006.jpg@01D36380.CD45E530

cid:image007.png@01D36380.CD45E530

To unsubscribe from the HLG-MEMBERS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=HLG-MEMBERS&A=1