Hi Heather
Many thanks for your reply. This information is really useful (as have been the other responses I've received - I've replied directly to them) and I will be taking the recommendations forward.
Many thanks again.
Best wishes,
Joanne
Joanne Smith Lancashire Archaeological Advisory Service

Sent from Samsung tablet.-------- Original message --------From: "Hamilton, Heather" <[log in to unmask]> Date: 06/12/2018  09:50  (GMT+00:00) To: [log in to unmask] Subject: HER paper records
Hi Joanne,

We're currently in the middle of an extremely large digitisation project and we've had RPJ https://www.rpjscanning.co.uk/  (recently taken over by The Hill Company - https://www.thehillcompany.co.uk/ ) carry out the majority of the scanning. Some finds illustrations have been scanned in-house by our Picture Norfolk team (https://www.norfolk.gov.uk/libraries-local-history-and-archives/photo-collections/picture-norfolk ), but RPJ has scanned almost 68,000 items for us so far including sets of original record cards, reports with pull-out A3 diagrams, newspaper cuttings glued to paper (don't ask) and other slightly awkward items. They've been excellent - extremely high quality and a pleasure to deal with as they really pay attention to our specific needs and if we have any problems they fix it immediately. They're also very well-priced. We'd passed their details on to the Suffolk HER and would highly recommend them.

Kind regards,
Heather

Heather Hamilton
Historic Environment Team Leader (Records)
Historic Environment Service
Norfolk County Council
Union House
Gressenhall
East Dereham
NR20 4DR

Tel. 01362 869282
Email [log in to unmask]

Please note that access to our paper and photographic archives is changing due to an ongoing digitisation project. When requesting to view material please provide as much detail as possible and ensure that you allow sufficient time for processing. Many requests may now be able to be processed remotely, sending digital material, but others will still require a visit to our premises. Please note that certain categories of material may be unavailable for limited periods. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.