Dear Clare
C1 seems a bit high for level 2 leaving aside the usual comparing apples and oranges problem.
Cheers Dominic

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Fri, 7 Dec 2018 at 12:36, Clare Jackson<[log in to unmask]> wrote:   Dear all
I have had this enquiry come to the lel.help website. (see copied text below)   Can anyone give advice about the equivalence of the student's certificates?

I got a Level 2 and Level 1 Esol Certificate in Adult literacy in 2010 at TBG learning, Lambeth (London).  As my teacher told me, my certificates have the following equivalence to CEFR:

Esol Level 1 certificate in adult literacy = B2 CEFR

Esol Level 2 certificate in adult literacy = C1 CEFR

I just want to confirm if my certificates are equivalent to the CEFR levels

(The student has tried to get back in touch with TBG Learning but their website is no longer working and they have not replied to  email. )
Any advice anyone can give would be much appreciated.
With best wishes
Clare

--
Clare JacksonLEL Development [log in to unmask]
Sunflower ESOL BSc(QTS) and Level 5 ESOL subject [log in to unmask] ***********************************ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds.To join or leave ESOL-Research, visithttp://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.htmlTo contact the list owner, send an email [log in to unmask]

ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds.
To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html
To contact the list owner, send an email to