Hi

It happens that I have the C&G EQA with me today and I have asked her for you.  She said the answer is incorrect as they have missed the fact that it is the morning that has been talked about and not the evening.  Shame they put the pm after the 9.  Sometimes less is more!
Hope that helps
Liane

Sent from my iPad

> On 7 Dec 2018, at 12:57, Karen Grey <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Dear all
>
> I am looking for some advice regarding marking of an E1 City and Guilds Speaking and Listening exam.
>
>  The assessment sheet states:
>
>  Where marks are given in brackets, they are only to be awarded for performance which does not meet the descriptor for the higher marks above.  Marks in brackets are set at the level of just meeting the standards at this level.
>
> This is what the assessment states as the answer for 1 mark:
>
> 2. 9 (o’clock) or 9(am)
>
> The student has written 9 pm. Does the student still receive a mark for '9' or does the pm override the 9? I have received conflicting advice on this.
>
> Advice appreciated,
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Karen
>

> *********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]

Liane Bruford | Curriculum Leader (ESOL)

[http://logos.moodle.aspiresussex.org.uk/aspire/aspire.jpg]

Location: The New Learning Shop, 88 High Street, Littlehampton, West Sussex, BN17 5DX

External: 01903 899365 | Internal: 4365 | Mobile: 07935 534986 | Email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | www.aspiresussex.org.uk<http://www.aspiresussex.org.uk>

[http://logos.moodle.aspiresussex.org.uk/aspire/facebook.jpg]  [http://logos.moodle.aspiresussex.org.uk/aspire/twitter.jpg]   [http://logos.moodle.aspiresussex.org.uk/aspire/pinterest.jpg]   [http://logos.moodle.aspiresussex.org.uk/aspire/linkedin.jpg]   [http://logos.moodle.aspiresussex.org.uk/aspire/lottery.jpg]

This email has been sent on behalf of Aspire Sussex Limited, its contents and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the persons addressed. If this has come to you in error please reply to advise us but you should not read it, copy it, print it, show it to anyone else nor make any other use of its content and you should delete all copies on your system. Aspire Sussex Limited takes steps to ensure emails and attachments are virus-free but cannot guarantee that they are virus free. Aspire Sussex Limited cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of software viruses and would advise that you should carry out your own virus checks, especially before opening any attachment. Aspire Sussex Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales with registered number 08109768 and is also a charity registered with the Charity Commission with registered number 1149439. Our registered office is at Marle Place, Leylands Road, Burgess Hill, West Sussex RH15 8HZ. Statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Aspire Sussex Limited.