Hi There

I have been recently carrying out preliminary analysis on the edges of pottery sherds involving plain and cross polarised light using an HDMI industrial inspection microscope.  I believe I have now found a way to get comparable results to that found through using a transmitted light polarising microscope and thin sections.

I currently have four thin section slides of post-medieval pottery from Ticknall in Derbyshire (Cistercian Ware and Midlands Purple), that I would like to have photographed using a microscope under various magnifications (up to a maximum field of view of 2.9mm to  be comparable with the inspection microscope), under both plain polar and cross polarised light, which I could then use as a control sample for referencing against my own images.

I am based in the UK Midlands so ideally would be looking to arrange for this work to be carried out in the same area, as I would rather not put the slides in the post.  If you, or you know of any colleague that would be willing to help please feel free to get in touch or pass on their contact details.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Jeff

-------------------------- contemp-hist-arch is a list for news and events in contemporary and historical archaeology, and for announcements relating to the CHAT conference group. ------- For email subscription options see: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/archives/contemp-hist-arch.html ------- Visit the CHAT website for more information and for future meeting dates: http://www.contemp-hist-arch.ac.uk --------------------------