[apologies for cross posting]

A final reminder posting as one of our positions closes next week.

John

From: John Domingue <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Saturday, 10 November 2018 at 13:00
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Research Positions in Data Analytics, Decentralisation, Blockchains and Learning

[apologies for cross posting]

We have three posts exploring how Data Analytics, Decentralisation and Blockchains can be used to support learning in different contexts:

http://kmi.open.ac.uk/jobs/#15335 – Closing date November 29th

http://kmi.open.ac.uk/jobs/#15336 – Closing date November 29th

http://kmi.open.ac.uk/jobs/#15344 – Closing date December 13th

Our approach is based on connecting decentralised Linked Data platforms like Solid [1] allowing individuals to manage and control their own data allied to a blockchain for verification. You can find papers, descriptions and screencasts describing our work at:

https://blockchain.open.ac.uk/

This work is in the context of three funded projects:

Institute of Coding [2, 3] – with 20M pounds of funding by the UK Government this project has the overall aim of increasing the number of Computer Science graduates in the UK as well as increasing the diversity and industrial skills of computing professionals.

QualiChain – an EU funded project which will explore how blockchains can support micro-accreditation and learning records. QualiChain will start in January 2019

Up2U [4] – an EU funded project which will bridge the gap between school and university contexts and informal and formal learning.

General info on working in the Knowledge Media Institute can be found at:

http://kmi.open.ac.uk/careers/

If you have any questions on any of these posts then please feel free to email me.

Best

John

1.      https://solid.mit.edu/

2.      https://instituteofcoding.open.ac.uk/

3.      https://instituteofcoding.org/

4.      https://up2university.eu/

id:<a href=[log in to unmask]">

id:<a href=[log in to unmask]">

Prof. John Domingue | Director KMi

Knowledge Media Institute (STEM)

The Open University, Level 4 North, Room 3, Berrill Building, Walton Hall, Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA, UK

Tel: +44 (0) 1908 653800

Twitter: johndmk; Skype: john.domingue
Web: kmi.open.ac.uk/people/domingue/, blockchain.open.ac.uk

President, STI International (sti2.org)

Theme Leader (University Learners), Institute of Coding (instituteofcoding.org)

id:<a href=[log in to unmask]">

To unsubscribe from the AI-SGES list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=AI-SGES&A=1