Here are a couple of out offerings that might be of interest/help:

Researching health inequalities with Community Researchers: practical,
methodological and ethical challenges of an ‘inclusive’ research approach
Sarah Salway, Punita Chowbey, Elizabeth Such and Beverly Ferguson  , *Research
Involvement and Engagement*20151:9 *https://doi.org/10.1186/s40900-015-0009-4
<https://doi.org/10.1186/s40900-015-0009-4>*

Enhancing health literacy through co-design: development of culturally
appropriate materials on genetic risk and customary consanguineous marriage.
Ali PA
<https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Ali%20PA%5BAuthor%5D&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=29642973>
1, Salway S
<https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Salway%20S%5BAuthor%5D&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=29642973>
2, Such E
<https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Such%20E%5BAuthor%5D&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=29642973>
3, Dearden A
<https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Dearden%20A%5BAuthor%5D&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=29642973>
4, Willox M
<https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Willox%20M%5BAuthor%5D&cauthor=true&cauthor_uid=29642973>5.
Prim Health Care Res Dev. <https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29642973> 2018
Apr 12:1-13. doi: 10.1017/S1463423618000038. [Epub ahead of print]

There is a lot more relevant work in UK - hope that others will respond also
Best wishes,

Sarah Salway, SFHEA, PhD
Professor of Public Health
Health Equity & Inclusion Research Group
<http://scharr.dept.shef.ac.uk/healthequity/>
Faculty of Social Sciences
University of Sheffield

0114 222 6438