*Apologies for cross-posting*

***additional event added – 10.30am-11.30am 15 Nov ***

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/working-at-the-lords-library-an-inside-look-at-information-in-parliament-am-tickets-52205779893

UK Parliament Week (12-18 November 2018) is an annual festival that engages people from across the UK with Parliament, explores what it means to them and empowers them to get involved.

Event: Working at the Lords Library: an inside look at information in Parliament

Presented by the House of Lords Library

Have you ever wondered what it's like to work in the House of Lords? Join us for a panel discussion and Q&A to find out!

The Lords Library has a staff of diverse talents, including researching and resource sourcing; administration and answering urgent queries impartially; preserving historic collections and making contemporary book selections; serving Members who are life-long experts or new to topics. We have been the Peers' information hub since 1826.

Now our panel from across the Library will answer your questions including:
- How do we research and brief impartially on big, complex topics like Brexit?
- How do we choose what information and resources we provide to Members?
- How do we keep our busy part of parliament running smoothly?
- What is it actually like to work here?

The event is free but places are limited – reserve your spot today!

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/working-at-the-lords-library-an-inside-look-at-information-in-parliament-tickets-49985544108

We look forward to seeing you there!

Helen Dods

Senior Assistant Librarian (Law)

The Library, House of Lords, London SW1A 0PW

020 7219 1578

www.parliament.uk/lords

UK Parliament Disclaimer: this e-mail is confidential to the intended recipient. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Any unauthorised use, disclosure, or copying is not permitted. This e-mail has been checked for viruses, but no liability is accepted for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail. This e-mail address is not secure, is not encrypted and should not be used for sensitive data.

To unsubscribe from the LIS-UKBIBS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LIS-UKBIBS&A=1