cid:image001.png@01D38A08.D7D04B40

Staff Development and Training programme of the M25 Consortium of Academic Libraries.

*Apologies for cross-posting*

Our next event will be The Superhero Librarian Roadshow – a workshop to assist in building a confident professional image. We also have more new and interesting events added to the calendar again this week. Be sure to get your applications in early if you see something of interest.

We have several new events in the pipeline so keep an eye on all of our visits and events on the cpd25 EVENTS CALENDAR.

Please do share this information with your colleagues.

Training and Development Events

Training events are open to members and non-members.

Building a Confident Professional Self-image: The Superhero Roadshow [TG4/Superheroes]
A workshop to help you to say it loud and say it proud: ‘I’m a librarian’ – the superhero approach to engaging with your profession!

Supporting Student Wellbeing [TG3/Wellbeing]
What can we do to support Student Wellbeing in the library?

Disaster Management & Business Continuity: How to be prepared [TG2/Continuity]

Disaster preparedness, prevention and planning are all critical components of effective disaster responsiveness. This event provide an overview of disaster management using case studies considering components such as building management, health and safety which can often be overlooked in emergency plans.

Applying to study Library and Information Science [TG1/LIS]
Are you interested in becoming an information professional? This event brings together a range of speakers to inspire you and give you an insight into the experience of “going to Library School”.

The Road Less Travelled: Looking Beyond Traditional Library Qualifications [TG1/Beyond]
Traditionally, aspiring professional librarians would complete a Masters course, and once qualified, would progress to chartership. Nowadays,  librarians are looking beyond library school. At this event, we have a range of speakers with different experiences of taking 'the road less travelled'.

Learning Transfer: Tips and Tools [TG4/Transfer]
What we do in the training room matters, but what our trainees do afterwards matters more. This event will discuss learning transfer and take a look at case studies, personal experience and how learning transfer can be applied in the workplace. Followed by a networking lunch.

Moving into Management [TG4/MiM]

21 & 22 February 2019

Progressing into management is both exciting and daunting. This interesting and engaging two-day course will provide an insight as to what it means to be a manager. Attendees range from those who want to know whether management is really for them to those who have just started out in a management role for the first time and are looking for an all-round basic introduction to the skills they will need.

cpd25 Library and Archive Visits

cpd25 visits are open to M25 Consortium members only.

English Folk Dance and Song Society Library [TG4v/EFDSS]
12 November 2018 – 2:00-4:00
*Waiting List available*

British Film Institute Library [TG4v/BFI]
19 November 2018 – 2:30-4:30pm

*Waiting list available*

Lewes Prison Library [TG3v/Lewes]
22 November 2018 – 10:00 – 11:30am
*Limited places available*

London Transport Museum Archive Depot [TG3v/LTDepot]

11 December 2018 – 1:30-3:30pm

*Limited places available*

Be sure to use our suggestion form to let us know if there is something you would like us to cover.

Best wishes

 cid:image001.png@01D36CFA.1EE69C90

Staff Development and Training programme of the

M25 Consortium of Academic Libraries

M25 Consortium of Academic Libraries

Room 653 Senate House Library

Malet Street London

xWC1E 7HU

Tel: 0207 863 6082

Web: www.m25lib.ac.uk

@cpd25_m25

Image result for follow twitter logo

To unsubscribe from the LIS-LINK list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LIS-LINK&A=1