I am pleased to announce the publication of a new data paper in Internet
Archaeology 47

Maeshowe: The Application of RTI to Norse Runes

https://doi.org/10.11141/ia.47.8

By Nicole Beale Gareth Beale Julian D Richards & Nela Scholma-Mason

The data paper contains a working RTI webviewer, a peer comment by Antonia
Thomas & links to the related Archaeology Data Service digital archive (
hosted at http://archaeologydataservice.ac.uk/archiv…/…/maeshowe_2018/ )
where all the captured RTi images are hosted.

The digital archive comprises the processed outputs and original source
images from a series of Highlight-RTIs captured between the 21st–25th July
2016 in the Maeshowe chambered cairn in Stenness, Orkney. The data paper
demonstrates the value of RTI in studying runic inscriptions and, where
multiple inscriptions overlap, in illuminating the sequence of carvings.
The data has considerable re-use potential for anybody wishing to study or
illustrate research conducted on the runic and figurative inscriptions at
Maeshowe.

Judith

--

Judith Winters
Editor, Internet Archaeology

Department of Archaeology, University of York
<https://www.york.ac.uk/archaeology> YO1 7EP, UK +44 (0)1904 323955

<https://www.york.ac.uk/archaeology/news-and-events/news/external/news-2018/athena-swan-award/>

*My working days are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday*

EMAIL DISCLAIMER http://www.york.ac.uk/docs/disclaimer/email.htm