Dear GIScRG members

Please see below and contact me with a nomination or queries. Looking forward to receiving some good dissertations!

Regards,
Seraphim
--
Geographical Information Science Research Group (GIScRG)

The GIScience Research Group of the RGS-IBG awards two annual prizes for the two best postgraduate dissertation on any issue relating to GIS/Sc, spatial analysis, spatial modelling or geocomputation.

The prize for the best dissertation is £100 plus an annual RGS-IBG Postgraduate Fellowship and the runner up will receive £50 plus an annual RGS-IBG Postgraduate Fellowship. We accept nominations for Masters level dissertations of approximately 10,000 words in length, which cover significant research in one or more of the above areas. Dissertations should be of "Distinction" standard and be submitted by the student's institution (Director of Postgraduate Programme or similar) and with the student's knowledge (best to cc: the student upon email nomination).

Please submit the work in electronic form, along with a copy of the dissertation regulations to Dr Seraphim Alvanides, Northumbria University at Newcastle ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>). We will only accept one entry per department of higher education institutions in the UK and the Republic of Ireland. Deadline: Friday 30th November 2018

We look forward to receiving your nominations

Dr Seraphim Alvanides, Associate Professor (Reader)
Northumbria University at Newcastle, United Kingdom
My publications and projects:
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Seraphim_Alvanides
Associate Editor: Journal of Transport & Health
http://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-transport-and-health/
Editorial Board: Environment and Planning B: Urban Analytics and City Science
https://us.sagepub.com/en-us/nam/environment-and-planning-b-urban-analytics-and-city-science/journal203385
Editorial Advisor: Heliyon Open Access Journal<http://www.heliyon.com/editorial-team/advisors/>

This message is intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. Any use, disclosure or reproduction without the sender's explicit consent is unauthorised and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in error, please notify Northumbria University immediately and permanently delete it. Any views or opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the University. Northumbria University email is provided by Microsoft Office365 and is hosted within the EEA, although some information may be replicated globally for backup purposes. The University cannot guarantee that this message or any attachment is virus free or has not been intercepted and/or amended.