Dear all,

We would like to invite you to submit an abstract to the following session
at the coming EGU General Assembly (2019).

*TS7.5/GD5.11 Accretion, collision and oroclinal bending in the Late
Paleozoic: linking with the supercontinental evolution (co-organized) *

*Invited speaker: Stephen Johnston (University of Alberta)*

*Deadline for financial support: 1 December 2018*

*Abstract submission deadline: 10 January 2019*

*Session description**:
https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2019/session/30725
<https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2019/session/30725>*

*The supercontinental cycle has profound influences on the evolution of the
solid Earth, climate, and life at least since the Paleoproterozoic. Our
understanding on the geodynamics of the supercontinental assembly and its
link with global accretional and collisional events as well as large-scale
orogenic curvatures (oroclines) remains incomplete. Here we focus on the
Late Paleozoic evolution of the Pangea supercontinent, which was
accompanied by a serious of accretionary, collisional and orocline bending
events within its core (Appalachian-Variscan-Alleghanian) and along its
boundaries (Terra Australis, Central Asian Orogenic Belt and Western
Americas belts). We hope to bring new data and fresh ideas together to
further understand the geodynamic link of the global orogenic evolution
with the supercontinent assembly. We welcome all contributions on Late
Paleozoic geology, paleomagnetism, tectonics and geodynamics.*

We are looking forward to meeting you in Vienna!

Kindly regards

Pengfei Li, Daniel Pastor-Galán, Karel Schulmann, Min Sun
<http://uqconnect.edu.au>