Dear colleagues,

In anticipation of another great EGU General Assembly, we would like to draw your attention to the following co-organized session:

Metamorphic minerals: time capsules from a dynamic lithosphere [GMPV3.1/GD2.10/TS3.8]

A description with invited speakers is provided below and can be found here: http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2019/session/32715.

Looking forward to seeing you in Vienna next year!

Best wishes,

Matthijs, Daniela, Tom & Emilie

Metamorphic minerals: time capsules from a dynamic lithosphere [GMPV3.1/GD2.10/TS3.8]
Metamorphic minerals document the dynamic evolution of our planet, from the Archean to Present and from the grain- to plate-scale. Deciphering these records requires an approach that integrates petrology, geochemistry, geochronology, structures and modelling. With analytical resolution increasing and the toolbox rapidly expanding, the ability to study our dynamic lithosphere through metamorphic geology continues to improve. At the same time, new methods—and their application to long-standing problems—reveal issues and pitfalls that inspire future development.

This session aims to highlight recent achievements in integrated metamorphic geology, and their importance in characterising the micro- to macro-scale processes that have shaped Earth’s lithosphere through time. We welcome contributions in petrology, chronology, trace element and isotope geochemistry, thermodynamic modelling, and structural geology—all with a specific focus on metamorphosed-metasomatised rocks. Part of the session will be devoted to geochronology and novel applications of micro- to nano-analytical methods.

Invited speakers + tentative titles:
Pierre Lanari (Universität Bern): "An integrated modelling framework for tracing equilibrium relationships in metamorphic rocks"
Robert Holder (Johns Hopkins University): "Monazite Eu anomalies revisited: beyond feldspar"

To unsubscribe from the GEO-METAMORPHISM list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=GEO-METAMORPHISM&A=1