Dear Megan,

we published a paper dealing with fluid-induced breakdown of monazite.

We found two generations of monazite: U-Th-bearing monazite (MnzI) formed at 575 °C and U-Th-poor monazite (MnzII) crystallized at 475-520 °C. Temperature constraints are from thermodynamic modelling.

Hope it could help you.

All the best

Deborah

Deborah Lo Pò, PhD

PostDoc
Dipartimento di Scienze Biologiche, Geologiche e Ambientali
UNIVERSITÀ DI BOLOGNA
Piazza di Porta San Donato 1, 40126, Bologna (Italy)

+39 051 2094930

https://www.unibo.it/sitoweb/deborah.lopo