Hello,
Currently we (University of York) allow a handful of student to use Dragon in exams. This is on university machines with our own software licence. Students must submit their Dragon profile on a USB memory stick to our IT team prior to exam season so that it can be check for viruses and macros/text. The student also brings their own headset.
Because of demand we are looking towards allowing students to use their own machines simply because of the strain on time and resources otherwise.