Announcing the iPRES2019 Themes & Topics

The iPRES2019 Programme Committee is excited to announce the Themes & Topics for iPRES2019! Thanks to the digipres community, we received lots of ideas and suggestions for the 2019 Amsterdam programming.

Central Theme
The main theme in 2019 is Eye on the Horizon and aims to broaden the voices and approaches participating in the conference. In this spirit, the iPRES 2019 Programme Committee invited the digital preservation community to share their ideas in a Participatory #iPRES2019 Programme Design.

Community Feedback
We read about the need for iPRES sessions on machine learning, data visualization and blockchain and thus made a Theme about Exploring New Horizons to see which new technologies are on the horizon. We also saw that ‘sustainability as a core focus’ was on your minds a lot. So we incorporated that into the ‘Designing and Delivering Sustainable Digital Preservation’ theme. You also want to hear more about the challenges and opportunities for cross-border collaboration: what has worked, what hasn't, what are the common barriers. We made sure this comes back in the Theme ‘Collaboration a necessity, an opportunity or a luxury?’ Since the survey in October, the Programme Committee has gathered and transformed most of the ideas into these official iPRES2019 Themes:

  *   Collaboration: a Necessity, an Opportunity or a Luxury?
  *   Designing and Delivering Sustainable Digital Preservation
  *   Exploring New Horizons
  *   Building Capacity, Capability and Community
  *   The Cutting Edge: Technical Infrastructure and Implementation

Have a look at the complete list of Themes & Topics <https://ipres2019.org/call-for-contributions/>

Call for Contributions opens 3 December
May we remind you that the full Call for Contributions for iPRES2019 will open on 3 December 2018. We’ll keep you posted via Twitter, several digipres maillists and of course via www.ipres2019.org<http://www.ipres2019.org>.

Don’t want to miss out on any information?
Please pre-register <mailto:[log in to unmask]> for the iPRES Newsletter and get updates on all the important dates. You can also follow us via @iPRES2019 on both Twitter<https://twitter.com/iPRES2019> and Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/ipres2019/>. Any questions can be directed to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
the iPRES2019 team

[https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/GkitRtPOe_-htjr7JGtEBJF2OmYrde0OPHLaZ_lu-ITNYN7ShK2B-G-YcyRG9NsouRDjmxNAScv_EiQU5Nnz_vqGO-MLcOKQ_p70KHNMxgRBQYKGyWugc5rZmynkHd0OLFk3Ljtm]
*Apologies for cross-posting*