Hi

A plea for help- non-commercial- but scope for a larger longer term research project.

I have eight sets of magnified images, of what should prove to be highly interesting post-medieval pottery sherds.  I am looking for someone to collaborate with on the identification of the mineral composition and inclusions within the fabrics.

While the images are not of thin sections, the samples have been prepared and then recorded under plain polarised and cross polarised lights and the inclusions have a similar visual appearance to as seen in thin sections.

If you are able to help with the identification then your work will be fully credited in the forthcoming report, and there may be scope for further analysis moving forwards on the important but relatively undocumented Ticknall pottery industry.

If this of interest then please email me directly at [log in to unmask] and we can discuss further.

Many Thanks

Jeff

-------------------------- contemp-hist-arch is a list for news and events in contemporary and historical archaeology, and for announcements relating to the CHAT conference group. ------- For email subscription options see: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/archives/contemp-hist-arch.html ------- Visit the CHAT website for more information and for future meeting dates: http://www.contemp-hist-arch.ac.uk --------------------------