Dear Colleagues and Friends,

We invite you to submit an abstract to the Earth sciences and Art sessions that we are organizing within the 2019 European Geosciences Union (EGU) General Assembly (Vienna, Austria, 07-12 April 2019).

Session EOS12.1

Scientists, artists and the Earth: co-operating for a better planet   https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2019/session/31742 <https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2019/session/31742>

Please note that the deadline for abstract submission is 10 January 2019, 13:00 CET

We also bring to your attention the new rules about abstract submission introduced by the commission, one-abstract rule, and the required 2019 EGU membership for first author. For more details please read carefully how to submit an abstract at the following link:

https://egu2019.eu/abstracts_and_programme/how_to_submit_an_abstract.html <https://egu2019.eu/abstracts_and_programme/how_to_submit_an_abstract.html>

EGU Supporting Young Scientists

A financial support is foreseen for young applicants who can apply for the Roland Schlich travel support

Please note that in this case the deadline to apply is *1 Dec 2018*.

For eligibility, carefully check the page:

https://egu2019.eu/about_and_support/roland_schlich_travel_support.html <https://egu2019.eu/about_and_support/roland_schlich_travel_support.html>

NEW!! EGU Supporting Artists

The Commission is calling for artists to apply for residency at the EGU General Assembly. If you want to apply to be artist in residence during the conference, please read carefully the following page:

https://www.egu.eu/news/437/artists-apply-for-a-residency-at-europes-largest-geoscience-conference/ <https://www.egu.eu/news/437/artists-apply-for-a-residency-at-europes-largest-geoscience-conference/>

Please note that also in this case the deadline to apply is *1 Dec 2018*.

The Session Earth sciences and Art is at its fifth edition: you can visit our blog to read about the contributions at the previous session at the following link:

http://earthandart.altervista.org <http://earthandart.altervista.org/>

Further information about the EGU General Assembly 2019 can be found at: https://www.egu2019.eu <https://www.egu2019.eu/>

We would like to hear about the work that you are doing and encourage you to submit your abstracts.

Best regards,

Tiziana Lanza, Louise Arnal, Francesco Mugnai, Samuel Illingworth and Giuliana D’Addezio

--
Tiziana Lanza

Laboratorio di Didattica e AttivitĂ  Museali

Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia
Via di Vigna Murata, 605
00143 Roma

ITALIA

e.mail: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
tel: +39 06 51860218
Google Scholar Profile <https://scholar.google.it/citations?user=Is_onMMAAAAJ&hl=it>

====
Paul Brown
http://www.paul-brown.com == http://www.brown-and-son.com
UK Mobile +44 (0)794 104 8228
Skype paul-g-brown
====
Honorary Visiting Professor - Sussex University
http://www.cogs.susx.ac.uk/ccnr/research/creativity.html
====