Hi,

It's brought to my attention I may have misunderstood some advice and I'm killing this place! Sorry, and see you

Luke

On Fri, 23 Nov 2018 at 16:53, Luke <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
A phrase that was used in class, on criticism, one that went totally over my head, was 'the vortex of history', in reference to Pound's work. I wondered whether what's meant there is when the poet's personal life sorta collapses (a metaphorical expression) into the history of literature. So Eliot could have his personal life to vivify his criticism, and maybe Pound can have his erudition animate his imprisonment etc.. Supposing that with those modernists that was partly due to the timing of artistic (perhaps social) events, then how could late modernists prolong that historical moment, or just capture a similar energy?

A friend posted me this when I asked:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-JXyfmPMp4

Luke

To unsubscribe from the BRITISH-IRISH-POETS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=BRITISH-IRISH-POETS&A=1