Apologies for cross-posting

The Education Data and Insight Team at the University of Bristol currently have a range of fantastic opportunities to join our growing team.  We are looking for a number of people to join as Student Information Officers due to the enhanced remit of the team.  We have both permanent and fixed term roles on offer, all of which are at least 2 years long.

The vacancies cover a number of the key areas we are responsible for:  Statutory Reporting, especially to HESA, Data modelling and reporting to support TEF, Timetable Capacity modelling and enhanced self service reporting.

Ideally, we are looking for candidates that have experience in one of these areas - timetabling or other resource planning data, HESA data, forecasting and modelling, extraction and manipulation of large datasets, metrics or KPI calculation, statistical analysis of data and data visualisation.  Previous experience of Higher Education would be useful, but is not essential.

All candidates must have strong SQL skills, either in native SQL or vis MS Access. Excellent Excel skills are also essential, with exposure to Power Query and Power Pivot an added bonus. Experience of Microsoft SSRS and SSIS would also be extremely useful.

We would be happy to take internal candidates on a secondment basis.

For an informal discussion about these roles, please contact Chris Flaxman, Education Information Manager. ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)

For further details and to apply, please see this link:

www.bris.ac.uk/jobs/<www.bris.ac.uk/jobs/find/details.html?nPostingID=24134&nPostingTargetID=97997&option=28&sort=DESC&respnr=3&ID=Q50FK026203F3VBQBV7V77V83&LOV4=8099&Resultsperpage=10&lg=UK&mask=uobext>

Chris Flaxman
Education Information Manager
Education Services
University of Bristol
31 Great George Street
Bristol BS1 5QD

Tel: +44 (0) 117 428 2865 (internal 82865)

Education Services: Enabling academic endeavour and student achievement
Website: bristol.ac.uk/educationservices

A top 4 UK university with leading employers (High Fliers 2018)
A top 5 UK university for research (2014 REF)
A top 10 UK university (QS Ranking 2018)