What a coincidence Chris, I was just communicating to a colleague on just
this subject. Not that we have much to share as our process needs updating.

   - We use QlikView reporting tool to generate Web-based module grade &
   satisfaction reports from which anyone can download a Word document for
   commentary and publication.
   - We currently have a security layer on our reports which only allows a
   relevant Module Leads for the module to see / download free comments on the
   module, to prevent inappropriate or personalised comments being shared too
   widely.
   - BUT We've had this in place for a while, and we're finding that many
   MLs use their programme administrator or similar to download their Word
   documents for them - which means they can't see comments on their own module
   - So we plan to implement a more sophisticated security layer which will
   allow MLs OR designated alternative to see the comments. Not an ideal
   solution: going to be a pain to maintain.
   - Also we're going to have to make it very clear that colleagues need to
   take responsibility for data protection of the downloaded document - once
   it's out of our reporting tool we won't be able to control it. We're
   tightening up control over other data extracted from the tool as well: our
   BI systems Coordinator has developed a post-GDPR warning / checklist, and
   we're looking to have a HEIDI-style levels of security on out core reports,
   where you can see more stuff if you've been through the data protection
   training.

Hope that's vaguely useful

Georgina Spary
Business Intelligence Manager
Directorate of Strategic Change and Planning
Oxford Brookes University
+1865 484887