Dear Friends,

As many of you know, Kathryn Laing and Deirdre Flynn among many others have
been working on an Irish Women’s Writing (1880 – 1915) Network
<https://irishwomenswritingnetwork.com/>. The aim is stated on the home
page:

Our network facilitates international and interdisciplinary connections and
exchanges between researchers recovering and studying the lives and work of
Irish women writers, artists, historians, scientists and more.

In 2005 I had a research leave from the Boston College Libraries.  I
explored Irish women writers, nineteenth, early twentieth century.  When I
noticed that this new women’s writing network formed, I shared the research
guide <https://libguides.bc.edu/irishwomen> that I had created while on my
leave.  It is not the exact dating, but it includes bibliographies and a
search of the catalog that will bring up titles by women.

Now I am retired and am helping Kathryn and Deirdre and others with their
efforts, especially in the library and archives pieces.

We would love to mine the store that may exist among all of you and ask
that if you know of collections of books, manuscripts, or papers of women
in the 1880-1915 range, that you share them.  It would be great to create a
list and add it to the Irish Women’s Writing Network archives listing page.

--
Kathleen Williams