Hello UK comics scholars,

Are you an early career researcher* who is working on Iberian or Latin American comics?

*for the purposes of this query understood as: completed an undergrad degree; maybe completed a Master's; not yet completed a PhD. Or equivalent experience in each case.

The text below is from an email from the iCON-MICS COST Action project team, particularly Viviane Alary, Jesús Jiménez Varea, and  Julio Andrés Gracia Lana. I'm involved via one of my supervisors (Jorge Catala-Carrasco here at Newcastle University) - and though the team are of course well connected in terms of more established scholars, we wanted to ask if there are early career comics scholars based in the UK working on Iberian or Latin American comics. That list of scholars would then become part of networking for the iCON-MICS project, so potentially a very useful list to be part of if this is within your field of interest.

I haven't included the link to the Google doc for data protection, but please do email me individually if you're interested and I can put you in touch with the team.

Best,
Lydia

---
I am writing to you because, as was established in the last meeting held in Clermont-Ferrand and how it was reflected in the resulting documents, among the tasks to be carried out for the drafting of the new project, is the collection of data related to research work ongoing on Iberian and Ibero-American cartoon.
As you know, the objective is to make an estimate as accurate as possible and increase the number of stakeholders, direct beneficiaries of the Committee of Young Investigators of COST. The list will be used to make communications of interest to young researchers who, when they are beginning their research career, do not appear in lists such as those of PACE.
We refer therefore to research such as: Doctoral theses not defended, Master's Thesis (TFM) or End of Degree (TFG) and their national equivalents. We insist that these are works in progress focused on Iberian or Latin American comics, since the Doctoral Theses defended appear in sources such as the Teseo application: https://www.educacion.gob.es/teseo/irGestionarConsulta.do, in Portugal: http : //dited.bn.pt/ or in France: http://www.theses.fr/, while the work in progress or do not appear or do it incompletely. Doctoral theses: TESEO - educacion.gob.es www.educacion.gob.es<http://www.educacion.gob.es> Teseo is the database of the Ministry of Education of the Doctoral Thesis carried out in Spanish universities
For this, I attached a link to Google Drive that you can modify and send to those who are currently doing a university research work on Iberian or Ibero-American comics in the different countries involved in the COST, in case they want to join the list.
---
Como sabéis, el objetivo es realizar una estimación lo más precisa posible y aumentar el número de stakeholders, directos beneficiarios del Comité de Jóvenes Investigadores del COST. El listado se utilizará para realizar comunicaciones de interés para jóvenes investigadores que, al estar comenzando su carrera investigadora, no aparecen en listados como los de PACE.
Nos referimos por lo tanto a investigaciones como: Tesis doctorales no defendidas, Trabajos de Fin de Máster (TFM) o de Fin de Grado (TFG) y sus equivalentes nacionales. Insistimos en que son trabajos en curso centrados en cómic ibérico o latinoamericano, ya que las Tesis Doctorales defendidas aparecen en fuentes como la aplicación Teseo: https://www.educacion.gob.es/teseo/irGestionarConsulta.do, en Portugal: http://dited.bn.pt/ o en Francia: http://www.theses.fr/, mientras que los trabajos en curso o no aparecen o lo hacen de manera incompleta. Tesis doctorales: TESEO - educacion.gob.es www.educacion.gob.es<http://www.educacion.gob.es> Teseo es la base de datos del Ministerio de Educación de las Tesis Doctorales realizadas en universidades españolas
Para ello, os adjunto un enlace a Google Drive que podéis modificar y enviar a aquellas personas que estén realizando en este momento un trabajo de investigación universitario sobre cómic ibérico o iberoamericano en los distintos países implicados en el COST, por si quieren sumarse al listado.

Lydia Wysocki
Research Associate
Please note that I work part time, 0.4FTE

T: 0191 208 5194 | E: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>