*Apologies for cross-posting*

Dear colleagues,

Following positive discussions with the Editorial Board of the ‘Nations and Nationalism’ journal, I have been invited to submit a proposal for a dedicated ‘themed section’ on the topic of ‘Sport and Nationalism: Theoretical Perspectives’.

The proposed ‘Sport and Nationalism: Theoretical Perspectives’ themed section aims to advance the academic study of the interconnections between sport and nationalism by, firstly, reviewing the current ‘state of play’ in this field of study and, secondly, highlighting the potential for the development of future theoretically-informed analysis of the relationship between sport, nationalism and national identity.  This section will thus facilitate a critical appraisal of the utility of various theoretical concepts used to explore the nature of contemporary nationalism when applied to the specific topic of sport.

Drawing upon an eclectic range of theoretical approaches to the study of nationalism, including modernist, primordialist, perennialist, ethnosymbolist and postmodernist approaches, this themed section will showcase the theoretical diversity of contemporary scholarship on sport and nationalism.

Abstracts (maximum 500 words) should be emailed to [log in to unmask] by 31st December 2018 for consideration for the ‘themed section’ proposal submission to Nations and Nationalism.

Further details on the aims, scope, submission guidelines, review process and timelines are provided in the attachment to this email.

If you are interested in submitting or have any further questions relating to this Call for Papers, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me at [log in to unmask]

Kind regards,

Stuart

Dr Stuart Whigham
Senior Lecturer in Sport, Coaching and Physical Education
Room F1.18, Fuller Building, Headington Campus
Department of Sport, Health Sciences and Social Work
Faculty of Health and Life Sciences
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
OX3 0BP

Telephone: 01865 483857

My working days are Monday to Thursday only as I am on a compressed hours working pattern.
My 2018/19 Semester 1 office hours are: Monday 1pm-4pm & Thursday 9am-12pm

To unsubscribe from the SPORT-STUDY-GROUP list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=SPORT-STUDY-GROUP&A=1