Hi All

What are the steps to take when one's article is (in my case, two articles
are) plagiarised?

I discovered an article that heavily plagiarises two of my articles.  I
sent emails to:
- The editor of my journal
- The publishing house of my journal
- The editor of the offending journal
- The publishing house of the offending journal
- The corresponding author of the offending journal
- The Rector of the university at which the corresponding author teaches

The only responses I have are
- from my journal and publishing house, who a looking into it.  That was
months ago.
- from the publishing house of the offending journal who told me to contact
the editor (this was after I had told them I had already contacted the
editor). I replied and told them this, and they did not respond.

In all cases, I sent extracts from the papers, and copies of the actual
papers with the passages highlighted.

The offending paper is still there, months after these emails have been
sent - and every time I go into Google Scholar, I still it is listed as a
recommendation for me.  Aargh!

What happens next?  Is there some sort of public place? Does one put this
kind of thing on social media?  I did tweet the extracts, but without
identifying the offending authors or journal, hoping that that would do
something.   Although there were a couple of supporting tweets in response,
it had no impact.  Do I tweet again, this time identifying the article, and
the authors and the university?  Seems very heavy-handed, but I'm really
ticked off.

I have to admit that part of my frustration has been that I was one of the
first researchers (perhaps the first) publishing on this topic, and I
struggled to get papers published on the the topic.  Now that the topic is
becoming a little more respected, others are climbing in - that's great,
because it's a big field, but I'm ticked off at seen my initial hard stuff
being now being plagiarised. (Yeah, I know, just being a grumpy old man :-)

Regards

Ken

------

Dr. Ken Masters
Asst. Professor: Medical Informatics
Medical Education & Informatics Department
College of Medicine & Health Sciences
SQU, Sultanate of Oman
Involved in medical education?  See MedEdWorld at:
http://www.mededworld.org/Home.aspx
AMEE Guide to the e-patient
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/0142159X.2017.1324142
<http://www.amazon.com/Origins-Before-Bang-Ken-Masters/dp/1312753269>