I am a volunteer at a modest size museum. We have a small number of analogue CCTV cameras, both indoor and outdoor, connected to an old hard disk recorder which is very fiddly to use and the picture quality is poor.

We are considering an upgrade and expansion by switching to IP CCTV cameras. Our museum is spread across a number of buildings with the two main buildings connected by a fibre-optic link. One open question is whether the IP CCTV connections should share a common IP infrastructure or use separate connections. An obvious issue is that CCTV should probably have UPS backup to cover loss of mains power.

Can anyone point me to good sources of guidelines or advice? I would be particularly interested to hear of other experiences, either good or bad.

Many thanks in anticipation
--
John Connett <[log in to unmask]>