From: Museums Computer Group [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Martin Bazley
Sent: 10 October 2018 11:44
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Maps

Hi all

I’m helping an HLF project develop plans for a website presenting historical data, much of which is geo-related. Can anyone can suggest good recent examples of maps used creatively to present data of various types?

Desirable features include turn on and off-able layers, zooming, presentation of metadata from specific points or areas, etc.

The idea is that users will be able to browse via maps, or categories, or AV types, and so on.    They will also be asked to contribute more data, starting from a map point/area, or from elsewhere in the site.

Any nice recent or upcoming examples?

Also points to beware of [or indeed to be aware of!] ?

Martin

Martin Bazley

Digital heritage consultant

Martin Bazley & Associates

82B Melbury Gardens

West Wimbledon

SW20 0DN

0780 3580 727

www.martinbazley.com

To unsubscribe from the MCG list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=MCG&A=1