Hi all,

Please forgive this posting but I hope you will find it interesting! I've
used my own software tool, Darwin, for a few years to develop museum
touchscreen exhibits on Mac, Windows, iPad and iPhone. Most recently I've
created some iPod Touch-based audio tours for a courthouse exhibition here
in the UK.

Darwin is very easy to use (think of it as Powerpoint for Museums) but
comes with lots of museum-friendly features and tools that allow you - if
you wish - to create something quite sophisticated.

I'm posting today because I've just made Darwin available as a subscription
service for museums and developers at what I think is a low monthly cost.
I'm hoping it will be useful to museums. Obviously I would like this
approach to generate some income (I am a one-man consultancy) but this is
also a genuine attempt to commoditise digital exhibit creation and allow
museums the freedom to use digital in-gallery where they otherwise might
not have. (See my previous product IGOR for proof of my efforts in this
area.)

There's a free 14 day trial and I'd be very interested to know what people
think, both in terms of the functionality and the payment model: is a
rolling subscription useful to you or would a fixed term be better (there
are some fixed term subscriptions for e.g. a one year exhibition)

<http://goog_1604781665>
https://www.digitalopps.co.uk/site/darwin/

I appreciate that this posting is basically an advert but hopefully the
underlying ethos of the project is at least partly an alibi; and in any
case the general feedback and opinions of this group would be much
appreciated.

Thanks for your time; if you have any questions please let me know.

(As a side note I've used Memberful to handle subscriptions and can
thoroughly recommend it if anyone is looking for that kind of service.)

Best,
Ian Smith.

--
---