Good decision.

I am sorry I won’t be able to make it to London on the 29th November.

Regards

Bruce Misstear

From: The list of the Hydrogeological Group of the Geological Society [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Adrian Butler
Sent: 22 October 2018 16:53
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: 2018 Whitaker Medal

The Hydrogeological Group Committee would like to announce that the award of the 2018 Whitaker medal is to be made posthumously to Prof Paul Younger. In taking this unusual step the committee took into account that the medal, when overseen by the Institution of Water Engineers, had twice been awarded posthumously. First to Edgar Morton in 1971 and then to Jack Ineson in 1974. The committee also was aware of the strong support that had been expressed for this amongst the wider hydrogeological community. The award will be made at next month’s Ineson meeting on 29th November at Burlington House, where Paul’s wife, Louise, will be attending, along with Paul’s children, to accept it. Dr Adrian Butler, Chair Hydrogeological Group Committee