Hello all,

I am forwarding the opportunity  to participate in a transnational education pilot of our digital experience insights service.

What is digital experience insights?

The digital experience insights service<https://digitalinsights.jisc.ac.uk/> (previously known as the digital experience tracker) provides survey tools that enable organisations to collect and analyse data from their staff and students about the digital environment and how digital technologies are used in learning and teaching. The development of the survey tools have been a key outcome of our digital student work<https://www.jisc.ac.uk/rd/projects/digital-student>. The surveys gather respondents' expectations and experiences of technology, based on concise question sets which have been intensively trialled with higher and further education students and staff to ensure readability and ease of response. The questions focus on the learning experience and cover issues that are important to learners and staff. Watch our short animation that explains how the service works<https://digitalinsights.jisc.ac.uk/what-is-digital-insights-experience/>.

Given the success of our student digital experience 2018 tracker for UK institutions, we are inviting institutions with Transnational Education (TNE) activities (in any of its different forms; branch campus, partnership etc) to join a small Insights TNE pilot. We are aiming to recruit 5-7 institutions over the next few weeks to run the student insights survey with students on their UK campus as well with their students studying outside of the UK.

TNE students generally do not participate in surveys from their home institution. Given also that QAA have now stopped the TNE reviews due to the establishment of OfS<https://www.officeforstudents.org.uk/>, it produces a gap in the quality assurance process so OIA<http://www.oiahe.org.uk/> is becoming interested in this matter. We are initially looking at the student digital experience and given the dependence of TNE on technology, institutions should be able to find much more about whether they are delivering a truly equitable experience for their students overseas. If participating institutions are also interested in finding out more about their teaching staff digital experience too, we are happy to scope this work out. Find out more about this pilot at https://digitalinsights.jisc.ac.uk/our-service/tne-insights/

See if your institution is one of the 42 members currently in the  Jisc licensing TNE pilot <https://www.jisc.ac.uk/rd/projects/tne-licensing-pilot>  This other pilot aims to help us meet a growing demand from university library staff for a simpler way to license resources for their students based overseas. It's all part of our wider TNE support programme<https://www.jisc.ac.uk/rd/projects/transnational-education>.

Please email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> if you would like to find out more about joining the Insights TNE pilot.

Kind regards,
Sarah

[Jisc]<http://www.jisc.ac.uk/>
Sarah Knight

Head of Change: Student Experience

M 077 477 679 44
Skype Sarahkjisc
Twitter @sarahknight
One Castlepark, Tower Hill, Bristol, BS2 0JA
Please note I only work Monday - Thursday

jisc.ac.uk<http://www.jisc.ac.uk/>