Hello all!

I was just wondering if anyone was able to share the terms under which they employ Learning Support Workers for bands 1&2 support.

We still fund this support ourselves and have a small number of LSWs on PTHP contracts. We are looking at things such as cancellation of sessions and when students are ill and how this impacts pay etc.

At the moment LSWs can only claim for an hour of work if a student is ill even though they may be booked for a 3 hour session. This was in line with historic SFE guidance but we are looking to now change this and wondered what other HEIs do!

With best wishes

Laura

Laura Mills

Learning Support Manager

Student Services Office

Pittville Student Campus

Albert Road

Cheltenham

Gloucestershire

GL52 3JG

Tel: 01242 714042

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Please note my days of work are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday

To unsubscribe from the DIS-FORUM list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=DIS-FORUM&A=1