Hi Helen.

I find a pipe cleaner wrapped around the end of a pen or a little wodge of Blutak very good for fidgeting with discreetly. Doodling can help too – perhaps the student could be encouraged to doodle something that relates to the content of the lecture? Or, they could try something akin to Oliver West’s Footnotes grids (http://footnotesvmt.com/)?

Best regards,

Nikki

Nikki Brown

BA(Hons) Cert Ed (FE) OCR Dip SpLD AMBDA

Inclusive Learning Manager

Student & Academic Services

The Annexe, Penryn Campus,

Penryn, Cornwall TR10 9FE