We are pleased to announce the beta release of the Alpheios Reading Tools for Chrome and Firefox (https://alpheios.net). The Alpheios Reading Tools enhance any text you read in the browser by adding clickable access to dictionary entries, morphological analyses, inflection tables and grammars for any Latin or Ancient Greek word. A subset of these resources are available for Classical Arabic and Persian. Personal vocabulary lists and learning games will be added in coming releases. Comparable tools for the Safari browser and mobile devices are coming soon.

In addition to greater overall stability across a wide variety of sites, the biggest focus of this release is the completion of the Latin and Greek Inflection tables. This release now has near parity with the functionality provided in Alpheios Version 1 and we have improved upon that with greater accuracy, both in the content and when matching into the inflection tables on the forms identified by the morphological analyses.

*In this release, we have made a major effort to make the inflection table displays as accurate and complete as possible. Please let us know of any errors or gaps you find!*

If you are still using the old Version 1 Alpheios Firefox Extensions, we encourage you to upgrade now to this newer version.  Firefox will soon completely disable extensions which use the older Firefox extension api.

Full Release Notes and install links are available at https://www.alpheios.net/pages/v2/release-notes/

To unsubscribe from the DIGITALCLASSICIST list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=DIGITALCLASSICIST&A=1