Thanks to Ute Lehrer that pointed out that this list does not accept
attachments!
I copy here in this email all the list of references I received.

*Suggestions on art and the loss of home, from the Critical Geography
mailing list:*

   -

   *Julia Heslop* from Newcastle, is a member of a group of artists/arts
   producers looking at housing crisis through a creative lens. They recently
   spoke at this event:
   http://digitalstorymaking.co.uk/registration-open-art-and-housing-struggles-between-art-and-political-organising-london-31-may-to-1-jun-2018/
   -

   *Matt Baillie Smith* from Northumbria just began a research on “Young
   Palestinians' Responses to House Demolitions: Youth Agency for Sustainable
   Development?”, focusing on how young people mobilize culture, heritage and
   memory in response to the experience and the threat of demolitions in the
   Occupied Palestinian Territories. <[log in to unmask]>
   -

   *Luke Dickens* from Kings's College, is currently working with a group
   of undergraduates on a project exploring the role public art might play in
   addressing homelessness in San Francisco <[log in to unmask]>
   -

   *Robin Kearns* from Auckland suggests to look at Porteous' idea of *topocide
   *and how the town of his childhood was 'planned to death'. <
   [log in to unmask]> Here is the link to the book:
   https://books.google.co.nz/books/about/Planned_to_death.html?id=nnEKAQAAMAAJ&redir_esc=y
   -

   *Thomas Smith* from Saint Andrew's (UK) suggested an essay published by
   Sarah Thomas in one of the most recent Dark Mountain anthologies (
   https://dark-mountain.net/product/issue-13/): an artistic take on the
   burning down of a home in the UK. <[log in to unmask]>
   -

   *Zoë O'Reilly* cites these examples from Ireland: a photographic project
   on experiences of asylum seekers living in 'direct provision' system in
   Ireland,
   https://www.dropbox.com/s/2tva7mpbct1nrc5/new%20bridges.%20photobook.pdf?dl=0
   <https://www.dropbox.com/s/2tva7mpbct1nrc5/new%20bridges.%20photobook.pdf?dl=0>,
   and the photographic archive on Irish 'direct provision' by artist and
   scholar Vukasin Nedeljkovic (http://www.asylumarchive.com/). <
   -

   *Jessie Lenor Speer* from London is embarking on a museum exhibit on the
   theme of "losing home". She says there are also a number of poetry and
   art collections, as well as theatre productions like *Cardboard Citizens*
   in London that speak to homeless people's loss of home. She sent me two
   documents: a bibliography of the life narratives she is working on, and her
   dissertation chapter on the US housing act and urban homelessness. One of
   the articles she is working on is about how people displaced in the US
   often frame themselves as non-citizens who are excluded from the "American
   dream." <[log in to unmask]>
   -

   *Bethan Harries*, from Manchester, sent me an artpiece with the title
   “They called it regeneration” he produced with a graphic artist, to reflect
   the effect of demolition and rehousing on a neighbourhood community with a
   large established ethnic minority population. It forms part of a series
   of artworks generated from research did in Cardiff, Manchester and Glasgow.
   -

   *Ashley Bachelder *is working with a tenant union that is in the
   beginning stages of conceptualizing some public art projects about the
   housing crisis and what "home" means. <[log in to unmask]>
   -

   *Jennifer Barella *from Neuchatel suggests to look at the work of Eyal
   Weizman and Forensic Architecture, especially Weizman's work on “bulldozer
   politics” in Gaza, though it might not deal directly with the elaboration
   of trauma. <[log in to unmask]>
   -

   *Andrew Tucker* from Louisville is working with his colleagues to
   reproduce a play called Returning to Haifa for our local immigrant
   populations and those displaced by HOPE VI projects in Louisville Kentucky.
   He adds: “We're hoping that this production will create spaces of
   convergence between the two groups to discuss their experiences of
   displacement/dispossession and to build bridges towards organizing against
   future displacements”. <[log in to unmask]>
   -

   *Emma Ormerod* from Durham explains a project led by Professor Rachel
   Pain (now at Newcastle University) that looked at the mass-auction of
   Housing Association homes in an ex-mining village in North East England,
   which fractured the community. The project worked with a photographer and
   song writers.
   https://www.dur.ac.uk/socialjustice/researchprojects/socialhousing/,
   https://ribbonroad.bandcamp.com/album/our-streets-are-numbered. <
   -

   *Laura Denning* suggested to post the same question on the ART-ALL
   jiscmail group (which for the moment I didn't do!) <
   -

   *Ayham Dalal* from Berlin writes they have established an art-research
   initiative among displaced Syrians https://www.facebook.com/MPHDT/. They
   will launch a more comprehensive website in two weeks to cover up issues
   that are not on the facebook page. Another project he suggests is *home-sick
   *by Hrair Sarkissian, an Armenian Syrian artist based in London. <
   -

   *Daniel Fitzpatrick* from London suggests to check the exhibition *A
   rock and a hard place *on the housing crisis and privatization of land
   at V3 Gallery (https://www.v3.london/past), as well as the ongoing
   exhibition *Living with Buildings *at the Wellcome collection (
   https://wellcomecollection.org/exhibitions/Wk4sPSQAACcANwrX) and another
   one at the Geffrye Museum, where maybe there are items related to home
   and loss. A big installation work on memory and loss of habitation in
   Liverpool was done by Assemble (
   http://www.contemporaryartsociety.org/news/recent-acquisitions/products-assembles-turner-prize-winning-project-acquired-middlesbrough-institute-modern-art/).
   He also suggests Jane Rendell's recent book on architecture and
   psychoanalysis. <[log in to unmask]>
   -

   *Ersilia Verlinghieri* from Oxford suggests to look at her hometown
   L'Aquila, where there have been several art initiatives and projects after
   the 2009 earthquake, broadly aimed at a collective elaboration of the
   various traumas caused by the earthquake and the way it has been
managed. One
   of several projects is at http://www.reacto.it/about/#
   <http://www.reacto.it/about/#>. <[log in to unmask]>
   -

   *Paulina McKenzie Aucoin* sent references about evictions in her city,
   Ottawa, (
   https://www.google.ca/amp/s/daily.bandcamp.com/2018/09/26/morris-ogbowu-this-that-mo-interview/amp/,

   https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/heron-gate-residents-fight-eviction-1.4728259),
   and recommended George F. Walker’s *Moss Park,* a theatrical exploration
   of poverty in a Toronto neighbourhood, as seen through the eyes of its
   protagonists, separated parents Tina and Bobby. She also sent the link to
   the Habitat Coalition book *Evictions and the Right to Housing,
   Experiences from Canada, Chile, Dominican Republic, South Africa and South
   Corea** (available at
   https://prd-idrc.azureedge.net/sites/default/files/openebooks/279-1/
   <https://prd-idrc.azureedge.net/sites/default/files/openebooks/279-1/>)
   <[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>> *
   -

   *Daniel André Fernandes Paiva** from Lisboa suggests to check
   Lefthandrotation's **Museo de los desplazados** project, at *
   http://www.lefthandrotation.com/museodesplazados/,
   http://www.lefthandrotation.com/trojanhorse/index.htm. <
   -

   Other people who displayed interest on the issue are *Amanda Crawley
   Jackson *who works in French philosophy and is currently writing a
   monograph called *Post-Traumatic Landscapes* <[log in to unmask]>,
   and *Iliana Ortega-Alcazar* <[log in to unmask]>.

*Thanks to all of you! *