Dear Christian:

We retired the old update server, as all should be on the our new server. However, we have since then found out that the www2.ccpn.ac.uk domain still was pointing to this old server.This address is used to do the updates of the v2 code. We have put in a request to update the DNS entry to point at the right ip number; we are still waiting on a response (!).

However, I believe that the inability to read Bruker files may be related to the new way of storing the data in TopSpin 4.x. (assuming that this is what you used to record your data?!). The current hypothesis is that (in TopSpin 4.x), Bruker actually stores the data initially as 64bit numbers. If, however, you process some data in TopSpin (just a plane will do), it is converted to 32bits and the import in Analysis2.4.x and 3.x should be fine.

Obviously, we are looking into this issue, it is annoying but a bit hard to trace what has changed.

Maybe you can check your ser-file size and check if this matches 64bit numbers rather than 32bit?

best
Geerten

Prof. Geerten W. Vuister

Chair in Structural Biology
Chair of Collaborative Computational Project for NMR (CCPN)

Leicester Institute of Structural and Chemical Biology
University of Leicester
Henry Wellcome Building, Lancaster Road
Leicester, LE1 9HN, United Kingdom

Phone: +44 116 229 7076