According to The National Archives’ Digital Strategy, digital technologies are one of the biggest challenges for archives, because of the changing nature of both the record and record-keeping practices. Digital is profoundly shaping what types of records are created and captured, and transforming how records are accessed and used. At the same time, the potential for applying computational methods and tools within archives and, more fundamentally, for integrating ‘computational thinking’ and ‘archival thinking’, has led some researchers to identify computational archival science as a new field of study.

http://bit.ly/2D0b8J2
http://bit.ly/2D0b8J2+

--
Peterk